Since moving to digital photography from “point and Shoot” in 2006, my preference has been for Canon gear. My first purchase was a Canon EOS Rebel XTi which I soon upgraded to the popular EOS 50D and then the Full HD Video available EOS 7D . I hope to upgrade to the EOS 5D Mark II (with a full frame sensor) which is a truly fabulous camera.
Talking of lenses, I mainly use the following: (Hyperlinks to their reviews)
- Canon EF-S 10 – 22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM wide-angle lens
- Canon EF 15 mm f/2.8 USM Fish-Eye lens
- Canon EF-S 17-85mm f/4-5.6 IS USM lens
- Canon EF-S 18 – 200mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM Zoom lens
- Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 AF USM lens
- Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM lens
- Canon EF 100 – 400mm f/4.5 – 5.6 L IS USM Zoom lens
- Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 USM Macro lens
I also have a Sekonic L-358 Flash Meter and Canon Speedlight 430EX and 580EX
- II flashes for use in low light levels and for indoor photography. I also use an Expodisk 77mm for custom white balance.
I use 3 Speedlight 580EX II Flashes attached to a Portrait Lighting Kit for Portrait and other “Friends and Family” Photography. The Tripods I use are:
- Velbon Sherpa 600R With Quick Release Platforms
- Manfrotto MonoPod that I take on treks
- Manfrotto 190CXPRO4, A Carbon Fiber Lighweight Tripod